Always check the tariff of a charge point BEFORE connecting your vehicle.
Generally, the order to follow when connecting your cable to a charge point is:
1. Connect your cable to your car
2. Present your card to the reader and hold for a few moments while authentication is in progress.
3. Only when the unit invites you to, connect to the charge point, where your cable will lock in to place. It may take a few moments for a charge to initiate.
At a rapid charge unit with tethered cables (N.B. not all vehicles can use these charge points. The UK Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Association can help you determine which equipment you car can use, or check with your dealer.):
1. Present your card first
2. When invited to, connect to your car and lock in to place
3. Press start.
1. Present your card to end the charge. (only the card that started the charge can end it)
2. Wait for the unit to respond and ask you to disconnect, ensuring your charge has fully ended.
3. Push the cable in to the unit and pull to release. N.B. If the cable does not release easily (or you need help at any point in the process) call 01912 650500 for support.We also operate a 24 hour emergency trapped cable helpline outside of office hours. The answering machine message will provide you with this number for if you get your cable stuck
4. Disconnect your cable from your car. Your vehicle may require you to perform an action to 'unlock' the cable from the car.
5. Close the door or replace the socket cover.
At a rapid charge unit with tethered cables:
1. Present your card to end the charge (only the card that started the charge can end it) You may need to press stop on the unit as well.
2. Wait for the unit to respond and ask you to disconnect.
3. User the appropriate method to disconnect for your chosen connector; for example, a CHAdeMo with a trigger needs the button on the top pressed to release the trigger lock
4. Carefully replace the connector in the holster.